You’re ten steps ahead of many people because you took the extra step to take your dream seriously and act on it, rather than being content to wish it could happen.
However, you’ve tasted the bitter “famine” bouts that come with the territory, forced yourself to puke up the fear and doubt that constantly try to turn you away from your goal. You’re the type that will crawl, or in the worst case, wiggle on when your strength fails (physically and spiritually).
You are an entrepreneur. That name does not mean you’re unemployed – it means you’re unchained.
If you’re in a famine bout right now, if you’re wiggling on with only a breath of sanity left, I offer you ten powerful, light-the-fire-under-your-butt quotes for your business and life.
10 Powerful Quotes to Recharge Your Business and Life
View more presentations from Mellissa Thomas
1. “The critical ingredient is getting off your butt and doing something. It's as simple as that. A lot of people have ideas, but there are few who decide to do something about them now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. But today. The true entrepreneur is a doer, not a dreamer.”
- Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese's
2. “I had to make my own living and my own opportunity! But I made it! Don't sit down and wait for the opportunities to come. Get up and make them!” - Madam C.J. Walker, America's first black female millionaire
3. “Don’t settle for average. Bring your best to the moment. Then, whether it fails or succeeds, at least you know you gave all you had. We need to live the best that’s in us.” - Angela Bassett
4. “You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated. In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.” - Maya Angelou
5. “Sometimes you’ve got to let everything go—purge yourself . . . If you are unhappy with anything . . . whatever is bringing you down, get rid of it. Because you’ll find that when you’re free, your true creativity, your true self comes out.” - Tina Turner
6. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.”
- Rosa Parks
7. “It can be done, but you have to make it happen. And no matter what, you have to cling to it like it’s life itself, if that’s what you really want to do.” - Chris Gardner
8. “We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.” - Charles R. "Chuck" Swindoll
9. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
10. “The key is to get started. Too many people don't start because they're afraid of failing. You will know failure – keep going.” - Evan Carmichael
Over To You
What’s your favorite inspiring quote that keeps you going? What’s your favorite quote from this list? School me in a comment below.
Flickr image by Victor1558.